Saturday, December 15, 2018

The Saturday Six

One.

I always feel like my Christmas gift tag game is lacking. Anyone else? (And in full disclosure, it'll be lacking again this year. Life is too full right now to step it up.) But for those of you who have time TO step it up, or maybe for Bekah of next year...here's a really cute DIY ornament idea for gift tags!

Two.

I wanted to share this article I wrote for Annesley this month. Hope you enjoy it!

Three.

I have these ideas in my head that one day I'll learn to make pretty wreaths. Hasn't happened yet, but a girl can dream, right? This post has a bunch of wreath ideas featuring dollar store supplies, but I thought the scarf one was particularly fascinating.

Four.

I had no idea Yankee Candle had a massive flagship store, and it's unfortunately way too far for me to pop over and visit. But as I was browsing through links on Tamar's blog this week, I found this post, and now I absolutely want to go visit and see all the things. This may be the coolest thing I've seen for a while!

Five.

I'm always looking for new ways to pray. I don't like to sound like a broken record, so I always look for new topics and words and ideas. I found this post this week centered around praying specific things over your husband and marriage. YES! And even if you're not married yet, these prayers can work for your someday!

Six.

When I was first out on my own, my dad's entire Christmas list was made up of gift cards, and it drove me CRAZY. It wasn't that I didn't want to get them. It's that they were SO BORING to wrap. One year  I came up with all these insane ways to disguise/hide/wrap them, and I was so proud of myself. Now that I'm a little older, I get the beauty of receiving gift cards in a way I didn't back then. But it's still maddening to come up with creative ways to present them. I found this link with several cute ideas! It's not a new article, but I checked the links and they all still work, in case you want to download any of the ideas to use yourself this year!

4 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Oh yes that store is HUGE!! A friend is a Yankee Cande addict and goes there all the time!

Maria Rineer said...

That store looks incredible! Regarding gift tags, I like mine a little bit "fancy" but making them is not in my future. I spend a little extra money on the fancier or nicer ones that are for sale (nice gift tags are the first item on my post Christmas clearance shopping list each year).

Natasha said...

Your article was so timely for me. Thank you for writing it and being open and honest about the less poetic seasons in our lives.

That scarf Dollar Store wreath IS totally cute. I love it!

And now I want to go visit The Yankee Candle store too. How cool is that?!?!

Bekah said...

Tamar - I want to go!!!

Maria - Gift tags are always the one thing I forget to buy after Christmas. I get the paper and all that - not the tags.

Natasha - Thank you for the kind words on my article! I appreciate it!!!