* Last Sunday morning, we drove my sister, Lori, to the airport, so she could fly back home after Mom's party. I was so glad she had been able to come for the party, but I wasn't ready for her to go home so soon!! We stopped for a breakfast date on the way home and then...we got to keep Miss Phoebe!!! She came over for the afternoon and evening, and we had a grand time, going for walks, visiting Grandpa, and taking naps. We love Phoebe!!
* Monday signaled the return to normalcy for us. Ryan captured this gorgeous sunrise on the way to work, and I got busy cleaning up after all the party. Decorations and supplies had to be put away...and there were also many veggies to eat, since Mom brought that ginormous veggie tray to her own party! LOL! Salads all week long! I guess there were too many salads, because Ryan sent me a picture of the "big bowl of snacks" at work. I mean, seriously! Have you ever seen a bowl this big???
* Tuesday was a big day...because Ryan's grandpa got out of the rehab hospital! :) We were happy to see how much he had improved!! And other than that, the day was just filled with regular things, like sitting in the carpool line with my coffee and going for power walks with Ryan. {This is a new thing for us, and I'm obsessed with beating our previous time. On this day, we beat it by FOUR MINUTES!!}
* Got a special treat on Wednesday: Ryan ended up with the afternoon off work, unexpectedly!!! We took a long nap, went for a coffee run, and caught up on all our DVR shows that we were STILL behind on from the Olympics. Ryan and Braeya got into a little bit of a remote war. I'm not sure who won.
* Thursday was a pretty low key day. Oh how I have longed for low key days! Hung out at home with Braeya, who was extra needy of drinks from the sink that day {eyeroll}, laid in the hammock to read my novel, and watched Ryan eat M and Ms from a bowl. Because that's how we do things around here.
* Friday was our 45th monthiversary, and it was nearly a perfect day!! We got a pretty exciting surprise in the mail, which I will tell you about soon, and we enjoyed a fun date out on the town that evening. Went to Burger King, which is NOT on the clean eating list, but we were celebrating and that happens to be one of my favorites. And we went to our remaining Starbucks, too. :) Thankful for 45 months together with Ryan!
* Yesterday was SUCH a fun day. Ryan planned a surprise date for me, and until we were on our way, I had no idea what it was! We went to Indianapolis and did a scavenger hunt of the downtown area. I can't wait to tell you all about it. Great date idea!! It was a treat to have him all to myself for a whole day after all of the busyness of the last month!
6 hours ago








1 comment:
What a fun week! Yay for seeing Phoebe and having an monthiversary!
Post a Comment