* Last Sunday was Mother's Day, and I'd been asked to speak at a church's breakfast honoring mothers. I had a great time sharing with them, and then we came home so we could get ready for Mommapalooza 3.0! We had a fantastic day with our families! I really enjoy having both sides of our family come together and celebrate together!
* Monday was my first day of a new normal, it felt like. We'd been working so hard to get ourselves TO Mother's Day, to have the house ready to go, and to be prepared to welcome guests, so come Monday, it was time to rest and read and write. Ryan made pour over coffee, and we ended the day with a workout that hurt a lot worse than this picture shows. Ha!
* Tuesday, I was bitten by the writing bug and spent the ENTIRE DAY holed up in the office, writing. Braeya slept through the whole thing. Ryan finally gave in to a much-deserved nap after so many weeks of working SO HARD on the house. He's so adorable. And I went to an exercise class with one of my friends. I learned I have no moves, but I had fun! :)
* Wednesday evening, Ryan and I got together with my parents to celebrate our birthdays. I picked Culver's, because it had been a long while since I had a really good burger. It was delicious. Delicious. We even had ice cream for dessert! On our way home, we stopped at a park and went for a long walk. I think we needed it after the burgers and ice cream!
* Thursday I had the opportunity to go to a ceremony at the Sheriff's Department, in support of Ryan's brother and the other officers. They offered commendations to employees who had done exceptionally well over the past year and honored the life of the deputy killed in the line of duty a couple of months ago. I'm so glad I went and got to see a part of that world for a while.
* Friday I went to Ryan's work over lunch, because they were having a corn hole tournament and he was up to play! I like getting to be part of his day for things like that! We went for a run that night and then used the last of the good weather to work on the yard and check out the new flowers that have popped up in our yard! {Fun to find out what we own!}
* Yesterday was my birthday!! Ryan took me to IKEA for the day, which was AMAZING, and we also got to have a treat at Sonic! It was so wonderful to have the day with him, and I was glad we had chosen an indoor activity, since it was so cold we had to bring in all our plants and have coffee by the fire. Hello, mid-May! But thank you, Ryan, for a truly WONDERFUL birthday. It was sweet to spend it with you!
6 hours ago








4 comments:
What a great week! I can't wait to hear about your bday and Ikea trip! I'm making the trek (45min drive) to ours sometime once school lets out!
Looks like a great week. Hope you get rest this afternoon to finish off your birthday weekend.
I am so very sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday! I was even in Kokomo yesterday...to take my coding certification exam. As you might guess, that's kind of been my existence the last few weeks...and after 5 hours and 20 minutes of the test, my brain was fried!!
But happy belated birthday, my friend!! Hope this week continues the celebration!!
Tamar - We had a lot of fun shopping! Ryan has already installed the kitchen light we bought. I'll have to post a picture!
Odie - Does an almost four hour nap count?
Christina - Well that just stinks you had to take a test on my birthday! And a five hour one at that! UGH!! But I'm glad you're done! How long do you have to wait for results? And thanks so much for the birthday wishes! :)
Post a Comment