Thursday, October 31, 2013

We Interrupt This Pinteresting October...

...because it was NOT Pinteresting.

I was a Pinterest fail this month. I think I had 2 inspirations. And that's okay! I made some mediocre waffles and found an idea for a pumpkin carving.

The rest of my pins remain...as Ryan coined last night...peams.

I said, "What's a peam?" He said, "You know. A Pinterest dream. A peam."

THAT completely cracked me up.

Last night I found this most darling pallet art idea. Given that we have 3 spare pallets sitting outside {being BFF's with the Lowe's gives you opportunity for owning multiple pallets}, I decided I wanted to try the pallet art idea.

Ryan was in the kitchen, refilling our coffee cups, and I hollered in, "Hey Baby? Can you help me with something?"

He called back, "Sure! What do you need?"

"Can you teach me how to use a sawl?"

Perhaps it was the use of the term sawl...but he leaned very slowly to the left to peer out the kitchen door and raised one eyebrow.

"Do you think that's a good idea?"

Probably not, but we don't say it out loud.

He carried our coffee cups back into the living room and sat down beside me. He wanted to see my peam.


Trying to wipe off his look of amusement, he said, "So tell me how you're going to do this."

I said, "Well, first you'll teach me how to take the pallets apart. Then I'll measure the pieces. With a ruler. {I think that might have been a wrong term.} Then you'll teach me how to sawl them. {More wrong terms...} And then I'll paint them. Or stain them. Probably paint them. {At this point totally guessing what you can actually do with pallet wood - pulling all my cues from Ryan's facial expressions.} And then..."

My voice started to fade out. I think I may have taken too many wrong terms.

So this is my peam, which may or may not come true and may or may not include a visit to a not-so-local emergency room.

There might be a reason OTHER people make these and sell them...you know...to people like me...who shouldn't play with sawls. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The two of you crack me up! Oh how I miss hearing those stories in person, but reading them brings much laughter and many smiles. Love you both!

Sheryl

Bekah said...

I MISS YOU!!! Was just talking about you yesterday! I miss story time with you but am glad you can still laugh at our ridiculousness :)

Karen said...

You are so funny...I just LOVE your descriptions. I can so picture this scene with the two of you and Ryan's expression! Love you both so much.

Natasha said...

I too have many peams. Love that word!

Bekah said...

Karen - I love it!! Isn't he a hoot! It is funnier to those who KNOW the expressions. :)

Natasha - we're peam sisters!!

Tracy Gayer said...

That project looks lilke you could use shims instead. They are thin wedges of wood, about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide. You could probably find them in the check out lane at Lowes. They're sold in packs of about 20. The're thicker at one end than the other because they're used to fill in gaps when hanging new cabinets. (I spent my summers in college working at Furrow Building Materials and we sold a ton of them.) My dad once made me a nice stable for a nativity scene, and he used shims for the roof. You could probably just glue them together or use two shims as a base, and glue the others to the base.

Tracy Gayer said...

That project looks lilke you could use shims instead. They are thin wedges of wood, about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide. You could probably find them in the check out lane at Lowes. They're sold in packs of about 20. The're thicker at one end than the other because they're used to fill in gaps when hanging new cabinets. (I spent my summers in college working at Furrow Building Materials and we sold a ton of them.) My dad once made me a nice stable for a nativity scene, and he used shims for the roof. You could probably just glue them together or use two shims as a base, and glue the others to the base.

SkyePuppy said...

Oh my goodness!

You started talking about Pinterest Fail, and then I saw the picture, and I thought it said, "FAIL." And it fit so perfectly with your story...