Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Melting Pot Date

Good Nellie...I've been so busy catching up on everything else...I FORGOT TO COVER OUR MELTING POT DATE! So, without further ado...our double date to the Melting Pot.

One of my favorite things about getting married has been the chance to make new friends through Ryan and to introduce him to mine. Two of his friends, Mike and Angela, were the very first couple we went to dinner with after we got married. They wanted to meet up for dinner again, so the four of us hopped in the car and drove to Indianapolis to have dinner at The Melting Pot.
Neither Mike nor I had been there before, and it had been several years since Ryan or Angela had been, so we were like four newbies at the place. And. We. Had. A. Blast.

Have you ever been there? It's a fondue restaurant, and we had the greatest waiter in the world. Between the company, the waiter, and the food, I'm not sure I've ever had more fun going out to eat! Want to peek at our evening?

We started with the cheese - which may have been my favorite. I mean you cannot go wrong with cheese. Our waiter brought out all the ingredients for the cheese fondue and mixed it all up together right in front of us - in our little fondue pot in the middle of the table. The cheese round had bread, vegetables and apples that could be dipped in it. I liked everything I dipped in except the apples.

After that...we had salads. Mine had a house dressing that was quite yummy:
Then it was time for the main course. So. Much. Food. Y'all. We picked out the broth we wanted to cook it in, and they brought it out already hot and put it on our burner. They brought a pot of veggies - mushrooms, broccoli, potatoes, etc. - and we could dump those in to cook them. Then we chose our meat platter and they brought the meat out raw. We cooked it in the broth and then could add whatever kinds of little sauces and dips we wanted.

While we ate, we just had the greatest time together...talking, laughing, learning more about each other, telling stories, driving the people at the table next to us NUTS, I'm sure!!



{Sorry - it's a low lighting place and we were using phones for photos so as not to be the crazy paparazzi people for those having romantic dates.}

I was so full after this round but we couldn't skip dessert. I didn't finish dessert and still don't think I've ever felt so miserable in all my life. In a delightful sort of way.

With our dessert came some of THE BEST COFFEE I've ever had in my life. Ryan was fond of the mugs and even asked the manager if they sold them. HA!! They do not. But they were awfully cool.

And then we had a chocolate/peanut butter/caramel/marshmallow fluff goodness with a sampler platter of cheesecake and marshmallows and brownies and strawberries and pound cake and bananas and rice krispie treats and these amazing little candied nuts.

I die.

And as for Ryan...well...
We were there over three hours and it felt like nothing. I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed it. Dates like this are a splurge...definitely not how we can live all the time. But it was wonderful in every possible way.

Thankful for new friends!

4 comments:

Lynnette said...

Love The Melting Pot! We went a few years ago and had a wonderful time. And we were also amazed that you can be so stuffed eating such small bites of food. How does that happen?

Natasha said...

I LOVE The Melting Pot. We went there for our second anniversary and it was awesome! My favourite experience there though was when my mom friends took me out for a good-bye dinner and then treated me. It was so sweet! And we laughed sooooo much.

Natasha said...

I LOVE The Melting Pot. We went there for our second anniversary and it was awesome! My favourite experience there though was when my mom friends took me out for a good-bye dinner and then treated me. It was so sweet! And we laughed sooooo much.

Bekah said...

Lynnette - I didn't know you'd been there!!! YES - how did I get so full on so many little bites??

Natasha - We are indeed kindred spirits. :) Even better to get treated, I say. :)