Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Shafferland Shuffle

* Last Sunday started out as the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day, when Ryan and I locked ourselves out of our house on our way to church. My parents came to the rescue and brought us  a key!! Thanks, Mom! But despite the debacle that was the start to Sunday, we did manage to pull off a yummy breakfast for our Sunday School class (cream cheese Danish and crock pot breakfast casserole) so that was good. We rested up the rest of the day, and that night, Ryan even gave me a back massage complete with cocoa butter! {I'm longing for the post-house-sale-day when I can go get a massage, so he was helping me get to that day!}

* Monday I came home from work early because I was feeling super sick {anxiety - boo!!} so I made sure to curl up by the fireplace and get extra rest! Ryan did another night of work at the Greentown house...hoping this can be the LAST one of those {PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!}. Actually, it has to be! He returned the borrowed mower to my parents! Then he came home to take care of me. He's good like that. We did have the MOST stunning sunset that night. The only time I hate living in town is when my sunset view is obstructed!!

* Tuesday was Veteran's Day, but neither of us get that day off, so we went to work, and that night we went to the gym. The track was closed, and all the machines were full, so I had to wait in line for a bike. I do like a bike workout, though, so the wait was worth it. As was the apple pie we baked when we got home! HA!!! : ) {Serving of fruit, right?}

* Wednesday at work, I did one of my LEAST favorite chores {ready for how dumb this is??}...I dealt with all the little boxes that had to be broken down. Why I hate that so much, I do not know. But I wait until the stack of boxes is about waist high before I deal with them. And since Ryan and I hit the mid-week missing each other slump, I sent him silly selfies to cheer up his day. By the time we got home, we were ready to work out, eat, and CRASH, which we did. Jammies, fireplace, blankets, YES PLEASE!!!!
* Fort Wayne got some snow on Thursday morning...I was kind of hoping this little ring around the tree outside our office window would reflect the sum of the winter snowfall, but I have a feeling I'm SO WRONG about that. The snow was actually beautiful as it fell...all snow-globey. {And so thankful it wasn't the 6-12 inch dump other parts of the state received!!} Lynne went out for lunch and I ordered some BBQ from Shigs in Pit, which is probably my most favorite BBQ place ever. I ordered extra so we could have some for dinner that night. Pretty sure I got wife of the year for that.
* Friday was our IT guy, Marion's, last day at work. I hate goodbyes. I just hate them. Marion has been a treasure to work with for the past 3 years {he came to WBCL right after I did}, and we will miss him so much. After work, I came home {no thanks to the world's longest train that backed up traffic for stinking ever} - and finished cooking dinner to take to Ryan's mom's house for dinner. We made beef, broccoli and rice and dessert and had dinner with her and Allen. Ryan hooked up some electronics for them and I just enjoyed their lovely home, which could {and should} be in a magazine!!
* Yesterday, Ryan had a long day planned - had to work in the morning and then had to help some friends replace a water heater in the afternoon, so I got up early and went to work with him. I set up a little office in the dining room of the hospital and did some writing while he worked. And then I did some shopping while he did the water heater repair. We had date night at Hacienda and came home in time to watch a movie! :)


3 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Busy week! I am impressed you only locked your house key in the house and not the car keys! I keep mine all on the same ring!

Hope you have a great week!!

Bekah said...

Well...we live close enough that we could walk to church. Otherwise we would have been in real trouble!

Natasha said...

I firmly believe that people should hibernate throughout winter and come out again in the spring. Your evenings of curling up by the fire in pajamas are the only periods of hibernation we get so enjoy them!