* Last Sunday...we technically arrived home from vacation! Got home about 1:30 in the morning and collapsed in bed - exhausted. And we had the privilege of staying disgusting and exhausted all day Sunday, thanks to our broken, leaking water heater. Ryan had to rip it out, dry the wet floors and install a whole new heater. Finally got to take a shower that night! Never felt so good to get rid of airport grime!
* Monday was a vacation day for us...Labor Day...and that's exactly what Ryan did ALL DAY LONG. He labored under the house fixing leaky pipes he found when he went to put fans under the house to dry the floor from the water heater. I cried. No more broken things!!! Here's the out-with-the-old pipe picture. So nasty! And I'm so thankful he's knowledgeable about this kind of stuff!
* Tuesday we both went back to work, and I was greeted with all the mail that came in while I was gone! Can't say that I felt unloved! I spent most of the day wading through everything on my desk and trying to catch up! Even though we were sad to say goodbye to vacation...we were happy to see some sense of routine return to our lives!
* And then there was Wednesday. The day that kind of smacked us both in the face. This return to reality has not been a smooth one! That night we scrapped all original plans and ate tenderloins from Penguin Point and did chores around the house. And I finished my September mantel - the apple themed mantel. Loved the way it turned out!
* I'm sure I don't need to tell you that Thursday was...the start of football season!!!!!!!!! WOO HOOOOO!!!! {For those of you who might be new...Ryan loves football, and I love the excuse to scrapbook while he watches a game!} So we settled in for the big Ravens/Broncos game Thursday evening...and I scrapped and watched the game WHILE RYAN SLEPT!!!! Shaking head....
* Friday night was date night at the Shaffers...with our first ever trip to Five Guys! We are in love - with each other and with Five Guys! After that, we went to our first movie {excluding the drive-in experience we had this summer} and then we TRIED to get Starbucks but annoyingly, all of them around here close at 10 p.m. That's about when we START wanting coffee!!
* Yesterday was amazing. After a crazy week at work...fixing the house...etc., we slept in until 10:00, rested all morning, and I worked on our scrapbook while Ryan worked on the backyard landscaping. He's SO CLOSE to being done. So close. I love the pavers he put down on the patio area...
6 hours ago

5 comments:
Where's the Five Guys?
That one is brand new in Kokomo - not right behind the Kokomo mall by the theater. There is on in Fort Wayne and one in Hamilton town center, but we'd not been to those. You ever been to one?
Not yet. They have them in Wichita.
You should go.
Okay, I love your new blog header and the overall look in general. Nice work :)
Also, I feel your pain on the water heater thing. You're fortunate to have a handyman husband who can fix all these things.
And I too, love getting back into routine after a fun but crazy time of not being in it.
Post a Comment