I found this one a few days ago. I happened to be reading Only a Breath and blogger Melanie did a post based on this question, which she found on another blog: “If they made a movie of your life, would it be a comedy, tragedy, or drama? Who would you want to play you?”
Sooooo...I started pondering that. Truthfully, my life would make a better reality show than anything else, but if we were going to do a movie, it would probably best fit in the "dramatic comedy" category.
Of course, who else could play me but my twin...Flo the Progressive Girl?!?!
I went ahead and thought through a few more aspects of my life: the movie. I think a dramatic comedy needs the perfect setting. And I believe the perfect setting would be a darling little cabin in the woods. Plenty of fodder for drama...you know...when I see a mouse or have to shovel a mile-long driveway, or the electricity goes out during a storm. And plenty of fodder for comedy too! Like...when I see a mouse or have to shovel a mile-long driveway, or the electricity goes out during a storm.
Every good movie has a BFF for the leading lady, and I've selected the talented Melissa Gilbert to play my BFF. I picked her partly because she reminds me of my BFF and partly because I heart Little House, so when I loiter around the set of my life: the movie, I have a few questions for her. Many of them have to do with Albert and Almanzo, but I'd rather not say that out loud.
This has never actually happened in my life, but most movies include some sort of "leading lady must pick between two men who cannot possibly live without her" situation. And I figure if I'm going to have a movie, it should have something like that, whether or not it's true-to-life. So, for one side of that drama, I've selected Dale Midkiff. If Dale Midkiff really did play a love interest in my life: the movie, I'd fire Flo the Progressive Lady and star as myself. :) Stop rolling your eyes. Unless you've seen all the Love Comes Softly movies and Back to You and Me, you cannot possibly appreciate his charm.
And for side B of that little storyline, I've chosen Yannick Bisson. I suppose you need me to tell you who he is. He starred in the TV series Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye. He's cute! What can I say?
If I'm going to live in the little cabin in the woods, I think it's only appropriate I have a neighbor. A neighbor who likes to mow the yard. (His and mine.) I know the joy of this because I used to live next door to landscapers. So for this role, I have selected Taye Diggs.
If I'm going to live in the little cabin in the woods, I think it's only appropriate I have a neighbor. A neighbor who likes to mow the yard. (His and mine.) I know the joy of this because I used to live next door to landscapers. So for this role, I have selected Taye Diggs.
This is a real-life dream of mine, so I decided to write it in to my life: the movie. I'd like to drive an SUV. Living in that cabin up the lane surely means home improvement projects (which will require help from the neighbor and provide comedy for the script), so I'll need something to cart around the supplies. I would also like my SUV to have a sunroof. (Hopefully the movie budget will allow for that.)
Another thing necessary for comedy, drama, and a cabin in the woods: a hot tub.
And...a hammock. This is partly because in the movie, I'd still like to be a writer, and I think all writers should have a hammock. It also will provide SIGNIFICANT comedy. (For example, every time I try to get in and/or out.)
Writers, I know, are supposed to have cats. But most men don't like cats, so I'm guessing one or both of the leading men would have made me get rid of the cats I have now. But living out there in a cabin like that, I need something to watch over the house. So I think...a Great Pyranees dog should do the trick. Bathing said dog = comedy.
Another thing necessary for comedy, drama, and a cabin in the woods: a hot tub.
And...a hammock. This is partly because in the movie, I'd still like to be a writer, and I think all writers should have a hammock. It also will provide SIGNIFICANT comedy. (For example, every time I try to get in and/or out.)
Writers, I know, are supposed to have cats. But most men don't like cats, so I'm guessing one or both of the leading men would have made me get rid of the cats I have now. But living out there in a cabin like that, I need something to watch over the house. So I think...a Great Pyranees dog should do the trick. Bathing said dog = comedy. 


No comments:
Post a Comment